PMTCT COST ESTIMATION TOOL (Beta Version)
How to Use This Tool
- Read "About This Tool"
- Download Guidance for Using the PMTCT Cost Estimation Tool
- Review the following sections of Guidance for Using the PMTCT Cost Estimation Tool:
- About This Tool
- Overview of the PMTCT Cost Estimation Tool
- Getting Started
- Define the goals of the PMTCT cost estimation analysis that you would like to conduct:
- Is the analysis for a national, district, or other program?
- How many years will the analysis cover?
- What is the scope of costs to be included in the analysis (i.e. will the analysis include only drug costs or other program costs as well, such as commodities, equipment, supplies, other direct costs, personnel, and trainings?
- Go to the fourth section of the Guidance for Using the PMTCT Cost Estimation Tool, 4. Step-by-Step Guide to using the PMTCT Cost Estimation Tool, and collect all of the data in accordance with the scope of the analysis that you would like to conduct.
- Once you have collected all of the relevant data, launch the PMTCT Cost Estimation Tool and enter the data.
- If the analysis includes drugs costs, you must enter data in all of the green boxes in all of the sections of Tab 1 of the PMTCT Cost Estimation Tool.
- For estimating other program costs, such as commodities, equipment, supplies, other direct costs, personnel, and training, it is only necessary to enter the data for items determined to be included in the costing analysis by the program. Programs may include or exclude various items in Tab 2 depending on the scope of the program.
- It is possible to navigate between Tabs 1, 2, and 3 of the PMTCT Cost Estimation Tool to examine how inputs entered in Tabs 1 and 2 affect the Results/ Cost Estimation (Tab 3).
- Print the input data and analysis results by clicking on the Print Icon at the bottom right hand corner of Tab 3.
Please contact Elena Ghanotakis at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about using this PMTCT Cost Estimation Tool.